விக்கிப்பீடியா:தமிழ் விக்கி ஊடகப் போட்டி/English version
TamilWiki Media Contest
- To increase the quality media content related to Tamil and Tamilians in Wikimedia projects
- To attract non-text contributors like photographers, graphic artists, animators, map makers and videographers to Tamil wiki projects
- To create a model precedent for cooperation with WMF in organising projects.
1) Uploaded files must own works of uploaders. Copyvios will be tagged and deleted
2) A contestant can upload any number of images; they is no upper limit
3) Files that will be eligible for prizes: Files that can be used in pages/articles related to Tamil and Tamilians:
- Photos of places where Tamils live, Photos of Tamils and people related to Tamil studies
- Photos of Tamil heritage symbols, Tamil institutions, Species (plants and animals) in Tamil livingspaces
- Photos of Tamil heritage places, temples, places of worship, buildings etc
- Educational resources in Tamil; Files that can be used for teaching in Tamil - Maps, graphs, illustrations, diagrams, charts, audio and video files that contain explanation in Tamil
- Pronunciation files for Tamil words and phrases. Audio recordings of Tamil literary works
- Audio and Video recordings of Tamil cultural practices, arts, dances, sports
4) Only the files ought to be related to Tamil and Tamilians. The contestants need not be Tamil. Non-Tamils can participate in the contest.
5) File Formats that can be uploaded to commons: Images: jpg, png, svg, xcf, TIFF, Video:.ogg theora, Animations: gif), Audio .ogg vorbis, .midi,
6) Files should be directly uploaded to Commons (see upload methodology)
7) Coordinators and their close relatives can take part in the contest. But their entries will not be considered for prizes. They will be in-effect dummy contestants.
8) Judging criteria weightage: 50 % quality (resolution, clarity, elegance), 50 % utility value (How useful they will be in illustrating Tamil wiki pages and pages in other wikis)
- First: 200 US$
- Second : 100 US$
- Third : 50 US$
- Consolation prizes: 25 X 2 = 50 US$
- Continuous contribution prizes : 100 X 3 = 300 US$
- Certificates for prize winners and winning entries will be displayed in front pages of Tamil wiki projects.
10)Coordinators will form the jury. The evaluation/judging will be done on wiki.
Budget and Grant application[தொகு]
Total: 800 US $
2) Prizes: 700 US$
Postage and Certificates : 50 US$
Outreach: 50 US$
3) Goals for contest: 3000 Files ; 100 new contributors
1) Formulation of rules and selection of coordinators (7 days) ஆயிற்று
2) Grant application process (1-2 months)
While grant application is in progress create help pages, tutorials, logos, banners, templates, categories, email, social media pages and other publicity documents; Also UploadCampaigns extension customisation
3) Image categorisation/tagging drive in Ta wiki (details below)
4) When Grant is approved, contest announcement and outreach (15 days)
5) Contest (3 months)
6) Contest results (15 days)
7) Awarding prizes and mailing certificates (15 days)
8) Preparation of contest report (in Tamil and English)
9) Categorising files uploaded, using them in Ta wiki projects
- Commons upload wizard campaign extension (made for Wiki loves monuments will be used).
- It is simple and has the facility to upload multiple files at once
- Detailed help pages and documents for uploading and licensing will be created.
1) Flickr Groups
2) Tamil blogosphere, Blog aggregators, individual blogs, e-Zines
3) Tamil e-Mail groups
4) Educational institutions
5) Social media - Facebook, Twitter, Buzz
4) Announcements in print and electronic magazines (with the help of media contacts)
Organisations to be contacted[தொகு]
- For outreach help - sitenotices, announcements and ads.
- Noolaham Foundation ஆயிற்று
- Infitt ஆயிற்று
- Thamizhmanam ஆயிற்று (Have offered to display free ads in the front page )
- Other blog aggregators
- Nudpam ஆயிற்று
- www.projectmadurai.org Project Madurai
- Tamil heritage foundation
- Thai veedu magazine
1) Site notices and VP announcements in Ta wiki projects
2) Targeted sitenotices in En wiki, announcement in India project page
3) An english version of the contest page will be created for potential contestants who can't read Tamil
- Sodabottle (Lead coordinator / Grant contact)
- Sanjeevi Sivakumar
- Responding to contestants queries, guiding them (onwiki, email and social media)
- Maintain contest portal and pages
- Jury duty (judging and identifying+tagging copyvios)
Lead coord's extra responsibilities[தொகு]
- Handling Grant money.
- Casting vote in case of differences amongst coordinators
Conduct rules for Coordinators[தொகு]
- Coordinators and their close relatives can take part in the contest. But their entries will not be considered for prizes. They will be in-effect dummy contestants.
Ta wiki File cleanup drive[தொகு]
1) Examine all files
2) Identify, check and delete copyvios
3) Add correct FUR tags and rationale
4) Move files for which copyright + licencing is appropriate and clear to Commons
5) Create more help files on Copyright and file usage. Copyright awareness drive