விக்கிப்பீடியா:தமிழ் விக்கிப்பீடியா பத்தாண்டுகள்/நல்கை விண்ணப்பம்
- Legal name of chapter or non-chapter group
- Grant contact Name
- Grant contact username or email
Ravidreams, ravidreams [at] gmail.com
- Grant contact title (position)
Lead Coordinator, Tamil Wikipedia 10 years celebrations
- Full project name
Tamil Wikipedia 10 years celebrations
- Project lead username or email
Ravidreams, ravidreams [at] gmail.com
- Amount requested (in USD)
- Provisional target start date
September 1, 2013
- Provisional completion date
May 31, 2014
- 1 Budget breakdown
- 2 Project scope
- 3 Non-financial requirements
- 4 Fit to strategy
- 5 Measures of success
- 6 Team members
- 7 References
Tamil Wikimedians gathering[தொகு]
|2||Sponsorship for Accommodation||23460|
|3||Sponsorship for Travel||39600||Travel sponsor breakdown (Only for attendees from Sri Lanka and India)
|4||Food||7050||Snacks and drinks provided during second day evening session|
|5||Felicitation Certificates and Postage||10000||For 100 active contributors|
|6||Cultural Tour in and around Chennai||7500||Tourist bus per day rental|
|7||Professional video and photo coverage||60000||Two days of coverage with focus on shooting profile pictures and videos, promotional videos for outreach, recording of second day sessions.|
|2||Certificates and Postage||1000|
Total requirement: 253860 INR
Sponsorship money collected so far: 6000 INR.
Net requirement: 247860 INR
Notes: We will strive to find sponsorships where possible, and return any balance to the Wikimedia Foundation.
The relevant RFC and discussion where community consensus was reached is here.
These celebrations include three major parts:
Gathering of International Tamil Wikimedians for two days during September 2013[தொகு]
So far there has been no single major international event that brought all Tamil Wikimedians under one roof. This gathering can be thought of as a WikiConference for Tamil Wikimedians.
We expect around 40 core Tamil Wikimedians from India, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, UAE and Canada to attend this event besides fellow Wikimedians from other Indian language communities, Wikimedia India chapter and organizations like CIS A2k which work towards a common goal. More than a hundred persons are expected to attend the 2nd day evening event. A good number of these will be like-minded people from the academia, press and other FOSS projects.
The first day of this gathering will be marked by a tour to places of cultural interest in and around Chennai. The objective is for the participants to get to know each other, engage in informal brainstorming and also to capture as many snapshots for Wikimedia Commons as possible.
The second day will have two sessions. In the morning, there will be tutorials for Tamil Wikimedians. In the evening, there will be a public event to celebrate the 10 years of Tamil Wikimedia.
An ongoing 12 month long essay contest[தொகு]
We are running a 12 month-long essay contest that aims to improve the quality of 1000 most important articles that each Wikipedia should have. The contest has already started in June 2013. The first month saw improvement for over 100 articles and the essay contest has brought in many new contributors to Tamil Wiki.
We have successfully conducted two competitions before - the 2010 Tamil Wikipedia article contest during 2010 and Tamil Wiki Media contest during 2011. These contests helped to increase the profile of Tamil Wikipedia and accelerate the growth of Tamil sister wiki projects. Building on that experience, we decided to organize an essay contest to commemorate the 10 years of Tamil Wikipedia.
Offline outreach efforts[தொகு]
Commemorating Tamil Wikipedia's 10 years, we plan to do a few offline outreach efforts:
- Bring out special issues/articles in Tamil mainstream magazines and newspapers.
- Tamil Wikipedia T-shirts to spread awareness about the Tamil version of Wikipedia and to give a sense of belonging and pride for the Tamil Wikimedians.
- Releasing a stamp through Indian Postal Service for Tamil Wikipedia. This is a symbolic effort which also helps to document Tamil Wikipedia's presence in a traditional way.
- Permission for use of Wikimedia logo and brand in outreach efforts.
- A blog post in Wikimedia blog regarding the ten year growth of Tamil Wikipedia.
Fit to strategy[தொகு]
- Participation and Community: This public celebration of the ten years of growth of Tamil Wikipedia will help us strengthen the community, review our progress and plan our future. The conference will help create a better environment for collaboration, particularly in resolving policy differences.
- Increase Reach: The conference will provide an excellent outreach opportunity to popularize Tamil Wikimedia projects through the mainstream media, social media and direct outreach. The conference will attract the general public, the academia, Tamil enthusiasts, professionals, journalists and well-wishers, raising awareness and drawing a considerable number of active contributors to Tamil Wikipedia. This fits well with the Wikimedia's Vision 2015 Global South Strategy.
- Quality Content: The essay contest will help us improve the quality of the most important articles that should be present in each Wikipedia.
- Credibility: Putting faces behind the hundreds of contributes behind Tamil Wikimedia will add to the credibility of Wikimedia projects. Conference will also provide many opportunities for general public, press and active contributors to ask questions and seek clarifications regarding the inner workings of Wikimedia projects.
Measures of success[தொகு]
We would deem these celebrations a success, if
- At least 100 active Wikipedians and enthusiasts attend the conference, including participants from Sri Lanka and Malaysia.
- At least 15 mainstream media articles are published highlighting Wikimedia projects.
- A detailed documentation of ideas/issues/strategies/policies discussed at the conference is produced,
- The active contributor count is maintained around 300 or above consistently.
- 500 important articles that should be present in each Wikipedia are expanded from their current stub form.