- Uploaded files must be own works of uploaders.Copyright violations will be tagged and deleted (For more details : விக்கிப்பீடியா:பதிப்புரிமை)
- A contestant can upload any number of images; there is no upper limit
- Contest duration: November 15, 2011 - February 29, 2012
- Files that will be eligible for prizes:
Files that can be used in pages/articles related to Tamil and Tamilians including:
- Photos of places where Tamils live
- Photos of Tamils and people related to Tamil studies
- Photos of Tamil heritage symbols, Tamil institutions, Tamil landscape, Species (plants and animals) in Tamil livingspaces
- Photos of Tamil heritage places, temples, places of worship, buildings etc
- Educational resources in Tamil; Files that can be used for teaching in Tamil - Maps, graphs, illustrations, diagrams, charts, audio and video files that contain explanation in Tamil
- Pronunciation files for Tamil words and phrases.
- Audio recordings of Tamil literary works
- Audio and Video recordings of Tamil cultural practices, arts, dances, sports
- Only the files ought to be related to Tamil and Tamilians. The contestants need not be Tamil. Non-Tamils can participate in the contest.
- Files that are eligible for prizes will be rated with the following weightage - 50 % quality (resolution, clarity, elegance), 50 % utility value (How useful they will be in illustrating Tamil wiki pages and pages in other wikis)
- First Prize: 200 US $
- Second Prize : 100 US $
- Third Prize : 50 US $
- Consolation Prize: 25 X 2 = 50 US $
- Continuous contribution prizes : 100 X 3 = 300 US $
- Special Prize: 150 US $ For an image/video/audio/map/graph related to Crafts and technologies of Tamils
- Prize winners will also be awarded certificates. Prize winning entries will be displayed in main pages of Tamil Wiki projects
- A contestant can win only one of the general category (First-Second-Third-Consolation) prizes. A winner among these four can also win in the continuous contribution and special prize categories. But a single entry can win only one prize. A prize winning entry in the general categories will not be considered for prizes in the continuous contribution and special prize categories.
- Though prizes have been announced in US dollars for uniformity, the prize money is being held in Indian Rupees. Due to exchange rate fluctuations, there will be small changes in the final prize money distributed after the competition is over (March 2012)